"My birthday's in two weeks!" I heard this everyday, several times a day, for the two weeks leading up to Aleq's third birthday. He was so excited for his birthday even though I'm not sure he understood what a birthday was other than it meant he could have cake. Within those two weeks Aleq discovered Lighting McQueen and that is all he could talk about, other than when his birthday was of course. So when the big day finally came it was all about Cars. He got some great Cars loot from Nana and Papa Elcock, including Cars dinner ware and a Lighting McQueen sleeping bag. He also got some great cards from GGrandpa and GGrandma Brown and Aunt Whitney and Kapri.
I tried my hand at fondant for the first time and made Aleq a Lighting McQueen cake. I wasn't happy with the end result until I saw Aleq's eyes light up when we presented it to him all aglow with candles. During the day we went to Iowa's Black and Gold scrimmage. Even though it was hot the boys had a blast, they love their Hawkeyes! Later that night we sang "Happy Birthday" with the Countrymans on Skype, it was fantastic, I love technology. I think all in all Aleq had a great birthday because he still talks about it. He also keeps telling me Rhees' birthday is in two weeks and we are going to have cake.

Showing off his 3 card from the Browns


Aleq wanted hot dogs and chips for his birthday dinner, can you see his fancy Cars dinner ware?

It isn't a party without hot dogs, right Rhees?

"Ka-Chow"

Rhees trying to sneak in on the candle action.
1 comment:
Julia you did a greatjob on the cake Im so proud of you!
Post a Comment